Feeling a little flustered with the current COVID-guidelines? We’re here to bring you something a lot less confusing. A simple process from Brita on how to flush your water filter in just a few steps.
With businesses trying their upmost best to adapt to the forever changing ‘new normal’, we’re here to help make sure the process is smooth as possible.
With all the uncertainty of whether we will face another national lockdown or not, it’s best to be prepared for the absolute worst.
If your water filter hasn’t been in use for a while, it can lose its freshness, and taste dull and earthy. Normal water bacteria which are usually present there can grow, but only up to a certain point and not endlessly. These substances must be rinsed out. This is where the process of flushing water filters come in. Not only does this prolong the life of your equipment, but also provides your customers with fresh tasting beverages. Not to mention saving you money on costly repairs!
With long stagnation time such as the national lockdown, a rinse according to the operating instructions should be sufficient for the filter to continue operating. In order to exclude all possible risks, the filter can be replaced.
We’ve created a simple step by step (see image below):
- Firstly place a bucket on the floor, next to the filter.
- Locate the grey flushing hose.
- Place the hose over or inside the bucket.
- Switch on the mains before flushing the filter.
- With the Purity filters, turn black tap clock-wise (a quarter turn). With the Purity C filter, push and hold the button or slide the slider in the direction of the arrow (see image and video below). Position the handles correctly on the Purity C Filters.
- Flush the required amount of water through the filter: – For the Purity 600 filter 60 litres of water needs to be flushed, For the Purity 1200, 120 litres needs to be flushed – For the Purity C50, 20 litres needs to be flushed, 30 litres for the Purity C150, 60 litres for the Purity C300, 100 litres for the Purity C500, and flush 180 litres for the Purity C1100.
- Do not leave the filter unattended while flushing.
- Once flushing has completed, turn the flush tap back and secure the hose on the Purity filter. On the Purity C Filter, release the grey button or slide the slider back, and secure the hose.
- And just like that, your filter is now ready to use.
See the video below, this shows you exactly what to do when it comes to flushing a Brita water filter.
Save money and learn how to flush your Brita water filter systems. To see our Brita water filter range, please click here .